I received an email today from the Washington D.C. Scrum User Group and wanted to pass it on:
We hope that you stayed safe during #thewinterawakens storm of 2016. Hopefully you had a little fun as well.
We wanted to take a little time to make you aware of upcoming events that may interest you or your colleagues. Please feel free to forward this to anyone you see fit. The links below will provide more details and registration options.
Lean Change Agent Workshop (FEB 1-2) – While Lean Change is particularly useful in a fast-paced agile environment, all Change agents, Agile coaches, Change leaders, Managers and anyone who is interested to make a difference in their organization will benefit from learning about this new feedback-driven approach.
Coaching Agile Teams Workshop (FEB 29 – MAR 2 @ Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX)) – Only 4 spots left! Early bird rate ends on 1/30. Don’t miss out on this transformative workshop.
The Agile Facilitator (APR 7-8 @ Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX)) – A little further down the road but will be here before you know it, The Agile Facilitator (TAF) is the complimentary workshop to Coaching Agile Teams that will help take your facilitator skills to the next level!
Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles To Practices (APR 12 – 14 @ Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX)) – Want to scale your Agility? LeSS may be just what you need. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional, self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
Meetups on the Horizon:
- Excella Coding Challenge (JAN 30 @ Arlington Tech Exchange (ATX))
- Culture Leads Structure by Jason Little (FEB 1 @ 6pm in Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX))
- Federal Agile Procurement … Procuring for Agile… Agile FFP… Are You Crazy? @ DOAP Meetup (FEB 1 @ 6pm in Ballston, VA)
- They’re ALL number ONE! Tips and tricks for facilitating prioritization (FEB 4 @ 6:30pm in Vienna, VA (AT&T Building))
- “Let Them Eat Cake”: A Model for Innovation Management & Culture Change by Veronica Adams (FEB 9 @ 6pm in Vienna, VA)
- Sustaining Agility by Trent Hone (FEB 10 @ 6pm in Arlington Tech eXchange)
- Agile Planning and Estimating Techniques in Federal World by Brandon Raines (FEB 23 @ 6pm in Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX)
That is a ton of stuff. Hope to see many of you at these and many more in 2016.
Don’t stop continuously improving.
Your DCSUG Organizers